Sunday, October 21, 2012

Blue Bacon BBQ Chicken Burgers

My husband and I just couldn't decide what to have for dinner the other night, but we knew we had to use up the gazillion potatoes we had.  I had a plan for that.  Check out these Skinny Texas Cheese Fries from Skinnytaste.  So, we had a side dish, but no main course.  We were leaning toward burgers, but we've been watching the amount of fat and calories we've been eating.  So, we landed on chicken burgers.  I have a couple of recipes that I use for chicken burgers, but none of them went really well with the cheese fries we had planned.  So, I decided to wing it.  I'm so glad I did, but because I think I ended up with the best chicken burger I've ever made!  We had a mini disaster as were about to cook the burgers.  Our grill ran out of propane just as I was about to cook.  My husband had a back up, but for some reason it wouldn't connect without leaking.  So, the grill was out.  We unburied our grill pan.  I usually prefer the grill to a grill pan, but in this case, not being able to use the grill turned out to be a good thing.  The burgers turned out extremely juicy and delicious.

Blue Bacon BBQ Chicken Burgers

1 lb ground chicken
2 tbsp diced shallots
1 tbsp garlic
1 /4 cup blue cheese crumbles
3 tbsp BBQ sauce
1 tsp salt
4 slices bacon
More BBQ sauce to taste

In a mixing bowl, mix first six ingredients together thoroughly,  Form into four burgers.  Put on the grill (or grill pan) until cooked through.  Serve on hamburger roll of your choice with one piece of bacon and BBQ sauce to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment