Wednesday, May 11, 2011

i love the grill....and i got a smoker!

Over the weekend, I planned on making stir fry.  We had this HUGE chunk of pork loin that we had to cook.  Actually, we had a huge chunk and a smaller chunk meant for two people, but my genius husband thawed the wrong one. Needless to say, we had to a crap load of pork to cook.  I decided to make sweet and sour pork stir fry.  Of course, I had no idea what to do with the rest of the pork.  Sunday came and it was a gorgeous day outside.  And I thought, not stir fry, kabobs!  I decided instead to make sweet and sour pork kabobs.  In included chunks of pork, yellow and orange peppers, onions and pineapple chunks.  Once I started grilling, I added the sweet and sour sauce.  They were served over jasmine rice. I had no idea  how delicious they were going to be!

But what to do with the rest of the pork....  As luck would have it, my husband finally bought me a smoker. I've been begging for one of these forever.  We ended up smoking the rest of that huge chunk of pork. Talk about delicious. As awesome as those kabobs were, I almost wish that we had smoked the whole piece of pork! We sliced it and had it with BBQ sauce on some potato rolls.  It tasted just like brisket.  I couldn't get enough. It's a good thing too because we may be eating it for a week!

This is only my second post, and I haven't yet gotten it together enough to provide recipes. In the future, I hope to add them as I post...especially the ones I develop myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment